Security Title Talks – RON Is Here! Michael Schlein, Ofc., Secretary of State & Mike Ridgway, CCN Speak.
Join SECURITY TITLE TALKS for a look into the concept and current status of remote online notary in Maryland. In addition, we will be discussing what effects the upcoming Maryland RULONA legislation will have once it is effective October 1st, 2020.
- Mike Ridgway – CEO and President of Community Title Network, LLC Mr. Ridgway brings over 35 years of experience in business strategy, business development, organizational leadership, and executive management, with a significant focus in all aspects of the title industry. Mike has been instrumental in industry efforts for passage of RON legislation in Maryland, including meeting with and educating legislators on the topic, and testifying before both houses of the general assembly.
- Michael Schlein – Division Administrator for the Charities & Legal Services Division, Maryland Office of the Secretary of StateThe Charities & Legal Services Division is responsible for regulating Notaries Public in the State of Maryland, and Mr. Schlein oversees day-to-day activities of the Division.
3 Key Takeaways
- Understanding the differences between RON and the currently allowed RIN.
- Come October 1st, what does the effective legislation allow?
- Guidelines for getting started with RON.
Register now to save your spot!
***1.0 hour of CE credit with the Maryland Insurance Administration for Maryland Title Insurance Agents who attend and participate has been approved***